Thursday, February 3, 2011

A R Rahman disrespected by a singer


Abhijit Bhattacharya
Abhijit Bhattacharya
Recently we met an arrogant MR. Abhijeet (Om Shanti Om –Dhoom Taana Singer) who claims to be the best man in the business when it comes to singing for a chit chat casually. Here is what he had to say about namma Tamil’s pride AR Rahman.
Hi Abhijeet you seem to be all ready to go all out for your upcoming show.
Well, yes I am excited; prior to this my performances in the city have been only for private shows. I’ve traveled all over the world but unfortunately was still searching for opportunities here. I love Hyderabad and the people here are as friendly as back in my hometown Lucknow.
We are sure you will have a great time with the audience, would you prefer playback singing or singing live if given an option?
Anytime live performances. I do my shows keeping all age groups in mind and make it a point to entertain the young and old alike. You know I really know how to handle these kids and I really enjoy my time with them .My experience as a reality show judge in a children’s singing competition is surely helping.


Would you if given a chance also prefer being judge for a mature group of singers for a reality show?
It’s a different ball game all together judging these older contestants. These days every composer wants to be a judge in the show and show-off by making unfulfilled promises to the singers.
I am different and I stay by that I don’t make promises to anyone because I know I can’t fulfill them.
These composers just want to make money by promoting themselves on the shows.
Whom are you referring to, could you be a bit more specific?
These composers promote the music so much it sticks in your head like a washing powder jingle. Their songs are equivalent to washing powder. Musicians these days are clones of AR Rahman according to me more so after he has won the Oscar award recently. Winning an Oscar does not make you a good musician first of all .You are only going to be in spotlight and if aspiring singers or composers want to be in news, then what he is doing is justified. Everyone like him wants to use technology and have no knowledge in music. They use software’s and tweak it till they get a good sound out of pathetic singers.
I’m glad to have been collaborating with great musicians like Nadeem-Shravan, Jatin-Lalit and Anu Malik
(for your information kollytalkers Anu Malik is the king of copycats).
Abhijit Bhattacharya
Abhijit Bhattacharya
There has not been an everlasting song in so many years. Stop talking about Rahman. Apart from “Roja”,” Bombay” and ” Guru” can people remember songs from his other films?
I would also like to say except for RD Burman no other composer has recall value to his music.
Aren’t you going a bit over the top making such statements?
I like to say what fell. I don’t regret it at all. The truth is today, in every film most good songs are sung by the composers themselves. Earlier I used to sing for many films but mind you in spite of all this my status as a good singer has not changed.
Do you feel upset about not getting enough songs to sing?
No, absolutely not. There are 5,000 singers or more today. They don’t have any distinct identity. Why should I be part of this talent less herd of 5,000 mediocre singers?
Today any bhikari (beggar) is able to sing a song and they call it a Sufi song .He will also get a chance to sing for an SRK or Aamir, but nobody can match the magic of my voice.
No radio station can run without playing my songs.
It is only my distinct identity as a singer which has helped me amass a lot of wealth to be comfortable. I don’t care about money they are not a problem for me anymore.
Recently I read that Priyanka Chopra has 9 flats and I was shocked, because I have 11!!!
Plus, I have other commercial properties and investments as well.
I have most of the comforts than a star like Shah Rukh Khan or Priyanka Chopra. So I don’t have to worry.
I am running out of time. It is time for me to hit the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google search results

Followers

Contributors