Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vijay says Time not ripe for politics


Vijay not entering politics now
Vijay not entering politics now
‘Ilayathalapathy’  Vijay has said that he felt that the time was not just ‘ripe’ for him to take a head-long dive in the world of politics. “As and when I feel the right moment has arrived, I’d think about it seriously and act accordingly,” he says.
He also conceded that he was yet to make up his mind about campaigning for AIADMK in the coming elections. After successfully managing the release of his ‘Kaavalan’ on Pongal eve after facing unprecedented pre-release blues, Vijay appeared confident of taking of any sort of situation that might arise in future.
Speaking to newsmen during the break of the shooting of his upcoming film ‘Velayudham’ inside the premises of Chennai Port Trust, Vijay said that he had to encounter some ‘strange’ problems in releasing Kaavalan and added that he remained clueless about the origin of all those problems.
“Now that the film has released and has been well-received by the audience, I’m extremely happy. I’d like to thank all those who stood by me in the times of crises. My meeting with Ms. Jayalalithaa and Mr. Rahul Gandhi wasn’t planned in advance; it so happened that I was able to meet and converse with them on those occasions,” said Vijay.
He talks about 3 Rascals.
Setting the record straight on his ‘walking out’ of the Tamil remake of ‘3 Idiots’, he said that as he had committed himself to starring in ‘Velayudham’, he couldn’t grant the desired dates for ‘3 Idiots’ and therefore had to excuse himself out of the project.
“It’s not like quitting the film; the circumstances were such that I couldn’t commit myself to doing the film. I am also happy to tell you that director Shankar and I have no issues with this particular decision as I heard many were doubtful about the fact that our relationship had gone turned sour after I walked out of the project.” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google search results

Followers

Contributors