Friday, December 31, 2010

Priyamani regrets for having acted in,Rathacharithram

Priyamani
Priyamani
The dusky starlet Priyamani won the national award for ‘best actress’ for her effort in director Ameer’s ‘Paruthiveeran’more than three years ago. In order to not to avoid being portrayed as fit for only  ‘deglamourised roles’  like the one in the award-winning film, the pretty Priyamani went on to try  her hand in glamourous roles in Tamil films in ‘Malaikkottai’, ‘Thotta’ and a few films in Telugu where she even donned the two-piece bikini.
Despite her stunning looks and her ability to dub in her own voice for her roles in all her films in Tamil, it still remains a mystery as to why she hasn’t yet made it as the top actress in Kollywood. She had counted a lot in ace director Maniratnam’s ‘Raavanan’ which released a few months back but the film’s below-par run at the box-office put paid to her hopes of regaining the lost ground in Tami lfilms.
Her recent release, ‘Ratha Sarithiram’ opposite Suriya, met the same fate as ‘Raavanan’ and sank without trace at the box-office despite Ramgopal Verma’s direction and a power-house performance by Suriya.
Regretting that she did the film, she says “The film, is based on a real-life incident, did reasonably well in Telugu but failed badly in Tamil. I’m very upset that one more film starring me has failed to elicit a positive response from the audience. In the hindsight, I feel I erred in agreeing to do the film. Though I dubbed in my voice and gave it my best effort, it went in vain. I would henceforth not be doing small roles such as the ones I did in ‘Ratha Sarithiram’ and ‘Raavanan’. I have to be vigilant,” says Priyamani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google search results

Followers

Contributors